Definition of audiotape in English:
1Magnetic tape on which sound can be recorded.
- Persons chosen for interviews were asked if they had time to participate in research on student loan default characteristics and for permission to record the interview on audio tape.
- The senior category is for 13 to 18 year olds who should submit a two minute report recorded on audio tape or CD commentating on a sporting event in Northern Ireland.
- Discussions were recorded on audio tape, and the recorder made annotations to indicate which student was speaking.
1.1A length of this, typically in the form of a cassette.
- You may own some eight-track audio tapes or Beta video cassettes that you can no longer play.
- Visitors can hire an audio tape recalling tales of the servants who have served at Harewood.
- Hewitt has obtained an audio tape of Kerry's testimony, and has already played it in its entirety on his radio show.
verb[with object] Back to top
Record (sound) on tape: each interview was audiotaped and transcribed
More example sentences
- All interactions with the pharmacists were audiotaped using a small tape recorder concealed by the pseudo-patient.
- The interviews were audiotaped and the tapes were transcribed verbatim.
- The interviews and consultations were audiotaped and transcribed.
Definition of audiotape in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia