- 1A system that traces the detailed transactions relating to any item in an accounting record: with no satisfactory audit trail, not all overpayments had been identifiedMore example sentences
- Proper paperwork such as a purchase order has to be presented in order to provide a proper audit trail for all payments going out.
- Awarding authorities must fully document the reasons why a particular procedure has been chosen and provide a clear and reasoned audit trail.
- An audit trail or other record of all processes should be created and preserved such that a third party might examine such processes and achieve the same result.
- 1.1 Computing A record of the changes that have been made to a database or file: you must be able to provide a complete audit trail of user activity across all these systemsMore example sentences
- Organizations have no choice but to implement solutions that can deliver clear audit trails of user activity across the organization.
- Senders can create a secure audit trail by logging each message with a signature that can be verified post-transaction.
- Like a conventional crime scene, PCs contain evidence and an audit trail of user activity.
More definitions of audit trailDefinition of audit trail in:
- The British & World English dictionary