Definition of auditor in English:
1A person who conducts an audit.
- The decision to appoint an external auditor for the bank is the mandate of the board of governors, a body superior to the board of directors.
- More than ever, external auditors will be conducting their examinations with an extra dose of professional scepticism.
- The Companies (Auditing and Accounting) Bill would require more exacting scrutiny by auditors and accountants.
2A listener: so low was Jim’s voice that his auditors had to give it close attention
More example sentences
- I sat in my auditor's seat listening to her.
- It buys you a moment to get used to being on stage, it gives you a chance to speak out loud and to steady your voice and it establishes a relationship with the auditors.
- Example sentences
- The principal question for determination by the learned trial judge was whether the inquiry by representatives of Revenue Canada was auditorial or investigatory in nature.
- To render speedy audit services to the City Government under the auditorial jurisdiction of this office.
- However, the specific divisions must compulsorily be present in the auditorial report.
Words that rhyme with auditorPerdita • taffeta • shopfitter
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia