Definition of auditor in English:
1A person who conducts an audit.
- The decision to appoint an external auditor for the bank is the mandate of the board of governors, a body superior to the board of directors.
- More than ever, external auditors will be conducting their examinations with an extra dose of professional scepticism.
- The Companies (Auditing and Accounting) Bill would require more exacting scrutiny by auditors and accountants.
2A listener: so low was Jim’s voice that his auditors had to give it close attention
More example sentences
- I sat in my auditor's seat listening to her.
- It buys you a moment to get used to being on stage, it gives you a chance to speak out loud and to steady your voice and it establishes a relationship with the auditors.
- Example sentences
- The principal question for determination by the learned trial judge was whether the inquiry by representatives of Revenue Canada was auditorial or investigatory in nature.
- To render speedy audit services to the City Government under the auditorial jurisdiction of this office.
- However, the specific divisions must compulsorily be present in the auditorial report.
Words that rhyme with auditorPerdita • taffeta • shopfitter
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.