- Of or relating to the sense of hearing: the auditory nerves teaching methods use both visual and auditory stimulationMore example sentences
- Sound is converted to signals by the processor and transmitted to the auditory nerves by the electrodes.
- Conductive hearing loss does not involve damage to the receptor cells or any other nerve cells in the auditory pathway.
- Readers have taken us to task for suggesting that hearing music could be an auditory hallucination.
late 16th century: from Latin auditorius, from audire 'hear'.
More definitions of auditoryDefinition of auditory in:
- The British & World English dictionary