Definition of augmentation in English:
1The action or process of making or becoming greater in size or amount: the augmentation of the curriculum with new subjects
More example sentences
- With expenditure likely to increase further, revenue augmentation may become a necessity to facilitate higher development expenditure.
- In such a situation, the bladder is enlarged by a procedure called bladder augmentation that increases the bladder capacity and reduces the pressure.
- If (a big ‘if’) we believe that augmentation of their profits will increase their incentives to engage in socially beneficial innovation, that's good.
1.1 Music The lengthening of the time values of notes in a melodic part.
- Still in place as well are my customary rhythms, based on added note values, on augmentation, on the absence of measured bars, offering a very simple but completely unconventional use of note-values and duration.
- His interest in counterpoint is shown in a set of 120 canons, which use such techniques as augmentation, diminution, and retrograde motion.
- At the climax of the movement, the row is heard in diminution in the highest register of the piano, while in the left hand the row is heard in augmentation in the very lowest register of the instrument.
Definition of augmentation in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India