Definition of auklet in English:
A small stubby auk (seabird) found in the North Pacific, typically with gray underparts.
- Aethia and three other genera, family Alcidae: several species
- The removal of these predators has benefitted many other bird species on the islands, including puffins, murres, and auklets.
- Crested auklets have a conspicuous black forehead-crest, white auricular plumes, an orange bill with accessory plates, and a citruslike plumage odor.
- However, several unusual attributes of crested auklets, Aethia cristatella, warranted further investigation.
Definition of auklet in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan