Definition of auklet in English:
A small stubby auk (seabird) found in the North Pacific, typically with gray underparts.
- Aethia and three other genera, family Alcidae: several species
- The removal of these predators has benefitted many other bird species on the islands, including puffins, murres, and auklets.
- Crested auklets have a conspicuous black forehead-crest, white auricular plumes, an orange bill with accessory plates, and a citruslike plumage odor.
- However, several unusual attributes of crested auklets, Aethia cristatella, warranted further investigation.
Definition of auklet in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.