Definition of auricular in English:
1Of or relating to the ear or hearing.
- Reconstruction was performed using either sural nerve or great auricular nerve in 8 of 10 patients.
- The ear is supplied by the greater auricular, lesser occipital, and auriculotemporal nerves, and the mastoid branches of the lesser occipital nerve.
- Which one of the following antibiotic groups is the best first-line oral therapy for infections associated with piercings of the auricular cartilage?
2Of, relating to, or shaped like an auricle.
- The elaborate silver mounts, however, consisting of two winged putti carry swords and a banner (on top) and grotesque masks, term figures, garlands, and auricular style scrollwork, seem to be the work of a European artist.
- The sconce is decorated with motifs in the auricular style that was popular in the seventeenth century and is exemplified by rippling forms that resemble the human ear.
late Middle English: from late Latin auricularis, from auricula, diminutive of auris 'ear'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India