(also auroscope /ˈôrə-/)
- another term for otoscope.More example sentences
- If this is not found, the GP will examine the eardrums through an illuminating instrument (an auriscope or an otoscope) that is pushed gently into the ear canal.
- The diagnosis is made from the symptoms and by examining the eardrum with an instrument called an auriscope or otoscope.
- For examination, use the largest speculum on the auroscope that will comfortably fit into the ear.
mid 19th century: from Latin auris 'ear' + -scope.
More definitions of auriscopeDefinition of auriscope in:
- The British & World English dictionary