Definition of auspice in English:
under the auspices of
- With the help, support, or protection of: the delegation’s visit was arranged under UN auspicesMore example sentences
- In situ investigations of human rights situations have been carried out under the auspices of all the regional organizations.
- A six-month course for 10 nurses will be held at the hospital under the auspices of the University of Essex.
- The fact that they have been published under the auspices of the UN, however, lends them additional weight.
Words that rhyme with auspiceSerapis
Definition of auspice in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.