- A female author.More example sentences
- We use author and poet rather than authoress and poetess, but until fairly recently it was permissible to distinguish persons who act by gender.
- The overpaid authoress of the report unwittingly admitted this fact when she stated, ‘In conducting this research, we found attacks on feminists on a lot of sites.’
- After three and four wretched months of writers block, the authoress extraordinare returns!
See -ess1 (usage).
More definitions of authoressDefinition of authoress in:
- The British & World English dictionary