Definition of autistic in English:
Of, relating to, or affected by autism.
- Almost everyone with Asperger's also fits the profile of the more classic autistic disorder.
- I was seeking a novel therapy for my 42-year-old autistic younger brother Noah.
- The aim of the study was simply to understand the basic mechanisms causing individual differences in autistic traits in an otherwise typical sample.
nounBack to top
An autistic person.
- Despite the Disability Discrimination Act, little has been done to help make society more accessible for autistics.
- The patients were four severe to profoundly mentally retarded adult male autistics.
- The government has done little to improve access for autistics, or to change negative attitudes towards us.
Words that rhyme with autisticaoristic, artistic, cystic, deistic, distich, egoistic, fistic, holistic, juristic, logistic, monistic, mystic, puristic, sadistic, Taoistic, theistic, truistic, veristic
Definition of autistic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan