noun (plural autos)[usually as modifier] • informal , chiefly North American
- An automobile: the auto industryMore example sentences
- Did you ever wonder why the North American auto industry is concentrated where it is?
- Making use of the internet for getting the best suited auto insurance is not a demanding task.
- Finding the best auto parts actually depends on you, so make the right choice now!
late 19th century: abbreviation of automobile.
More definitions of autoDefinition of auto in:
- The British & World English dictionary