Definition of autoclave in English:
A strong, heated container used for chemical reactions and other processes using high pressures and temperatures, e.g., steam sterilization.
- This sterilization is considered effective to kill all the germs and viruses of the guy before you only when these instruments are subjected to pressurized and superheated steam in an autoclave pressure vessel, an expensive gadget.
- That included an autoclave for instrument sterilization, an X-ray machine for animal bone-structure assessment, and a vaporizer to accurately measure anesthesia drugs.
- An autoclave (generating steam at high pressure) is used for the reusable instruments, like needle bars and tubes.
verb[with object] Back to top
Heat (something) in an autoclave.
- The solutions and leaves were then autoclaved, and the electrolyte content was measured again.
- The source of the smell was autoclaved test tubes, which had been used to grow bacteria called Clostridium sporogenes.
- The solution was autoclaved at 121 C for 15 minutes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia