- Convert (a process or facility) to largely automatic operation: industry is investing in automating production (as adjective automated) a fully automated processMore example sentences
- It is relatively easy to see a trading pattern, but the challenge comes in trying to fully automate the process.
- Some sites are even automating the process for operators.
- The company was well on the way to automating the whole process, from ordering online and cutting the panels to delivery of the final product.
1950s: back-formation from automation.
More definitions of automateDefinition of automate in:
- The British & World English dictionary