(also automatic teller machine
, abbreviation: ATM)
- A machine that automatically provides cash and performs other banking services on insertion of a special card by the account holder.More example sentences
- Regulators are particularly worried that some banks provide the service even at automated teller machines (ATMs).
- Payment cards also may enable the customer to obtain cash and access other bank services from an automated teller machine.
- Some are structured so that a cardholder pays a fee every time the card is used in an automated teller machine or at a cash register.
More definitions of automated teller machineDefinition of automated teller machine in:
- The British & World English dictionary