Definition of automatize in English:
verb[with object] (usually as adjective automatized)
Make automatic or habitual: the need to refresh automatized forms of literature
More example sentences
- The point is that our experience of language, quite as much as our experience of the world, is habitual and to that extent tends to be automatized.
- After training, the degree to which a skill has been automatized has been measured using the disruption that occurs when targets and distractors are changed.
- The practice of reading helps to automatize the reading process.
- Example sentences
- It is this process of automatization that explains the laws of our prose speech with its fragmentary phrases and half-articulated words.
- They suggest that the automatization of cognitive skills is characterized by a reduction of the demands placed on cognitive resources and, in particular, on attentional and working memory capacities.
- It may be, as Roman Jakobson believed, that its virtue lies in its power to protect us from ‘automatisation, from the rust threatening our formulae of love and hatred, of revolt and renunciation, of faith and negation’.
Definition of automatize in:
- British & World English dictionary