- A highway in a French-speaking country.More example sentences
- There are shopping malls as hideous as any in Orange County, and an autoroute, the A63, that rumbles with trucks headed north from Spain.
- In the 80s, the Mayor and the province agreed to turn the Metropolitain into a two-level highway by adding a tunnel below the existing autoroute.
- About half of all Beaujolais is sold under the basic appellation Beaujolais, which comes from the Bas Beaujolais and the flatter land to the immediate west of the main north - south autoroute around Belleville.
1960s: from French, from auto(mobile) 'car' + route 'route'.
More definitions of autorouteDefinition of autoroute in:
- The British & World English dictionary