- (Of an activity or a creative work) having an end or purpose in itself.More example sentences
- If the poem is an autotelic entity, an end-in-itself, then sound is more important.
- Stevens's autotelic and monological poem is not permitted to stand alone.
- Art's emancipation from its autotelic confinement reappropriates ‘the product of art [which] is the tool for the direct or indirect social action.’
More definitions of autotelicDefinition of autotelic in:
- The British & World English dictionary