- A yellow or pale green mineral occurring as square crystals that fluoresce in ultraviolet light. It is a hydrated phosphate of calcium and uranium.More example sentences
- An important historical summary of autunite and other uranium mineral occurrences in the northeastern states can be found in Cooper.
- Excellent pale yellow groups of autunite crystals to 1 cm occur in joints cutting sandstone at Novoveska Huta, Slovakia.
- Northrop lists several New Mexico localities at which ‘museum-quality’ specimens of autunite have been found.
mid 19th century: from Autun, the name of a town in eastern France, + -ite1.
More definitions of autuniteDefinition of autunite in:
- The British & World English dictionary