- 1Able to be used or obtained; at someone’s disposal: refreshments will be available all afternoon a slush fund available to universitiesMore example sentences
- This option is only available to those able to pay an initial consultation fee.
- Workers will be able to find out about what help will be available to them to find another job.
- This information seems to have been obtained from file notes which were not made available to us.
- 1.1(Of a person) not otherwise occupied; free to do something: the nurse is only available at certain times the minister was not available for commentMore example sentences
- He was not available for comment on Monday but has vowed to clear himself of the allegations.
- Nor could we depend on the same people being available the next day to finish an interrupted game.
- She added that the necessary staff are not available at weekends to allow people to view their cars.
- 1.2 • informal Not currently involved in a sexual or romantic relationship: there’s a dearth of available women hereMore example sentences
- Taking Sydney, a city much decried for its man shortage, the census shows the number of available men actually outnumbers available women in most age groups.
- Married men have been chasing single women for a very long time and available women have been falling for them for just as long.
- When you are in a relationship with a woman and you are doing your best to remain faithful you can begin to stop looking for single or available women.
- More example sentences
- An unexpected benefit is the availability of flights from regional airports in the UK.
- Some of them face legal entanglements as to title and availability for such a project.
- Several houses had been put on hold pending the availability of funds for the project.