nounBack to top
- 1 (Ave) short for Ave Maria.More example sentences
- Thus these texts alone cannot constitute the source for the narrative meditations linked to the Ave prayer that appeared in later rosaries.
- Regionally, the Ave prayer is beginning to replace the Paternoster.
- It was thought that Mary loved hearing the Ave prayer because it reminded her of her happiness at the Incarnation.
Middle English: from Latin, 'fare well!', singular imperative of avere.
More definitions of aveDefinition of ave in:
- The British & World English dictionary