- Pilot or fly in an airplane: [with object]: an aircraft that can be aviated without effort [no object]: there are fewer opportunities to aviate in winterMore example sentences
- All aviators are taught to aviate, navigate, communicate, and to prioritize tasks.
- Since we just had arrived in theater, most of the preflight brief was focused on aviating and communicating in the confined airspace of the AOR.
- Almost flying over Farsi Island could have been avoided with better aviating and navigating.
late 19th century: back-formation from aviation.
More definitions of aviateDefinition of aviate in:
- The British & World English dictionary