Definition of avionics in English:
plural noun[usually treated as singular]
1Electronics as applied to aviation.
- She received her bachelor of engineering degree in aerospace avionics from Queensland University of Technology in Brisbane, Australia, and has also worked in Australia and the United Kingdom.
- That means knowing the airplane's sophisticated systems - hydraulics, avionics, communications, navigation and electrical.
- Students study subjects such as aerodynamics, aircraft electrical systems and avionics.
1.1Electronic equipment fitted in an aircraft.
- They propose modifying the avionics in aircraft so that the plane would fight any efforts by the pilot to fly into restricted airspace.
- The GE-Honeywell deal would result in an aerospace behemoth that offers airline customers jet engines, avionics, and financing in one bundle.
- If your airplane needs complete cosmetic refurbishment, new avionics and a new engine, chances are, you'll pass that point if you go ahead with the upgrade.
Definition of avionics in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.