(also tax avoision)
- The arrangement of one’s financial affairs so as to avoid or minimize tax liability in such a way that it is not clear whether this constitutes lawful avoidance of tax or illegal tax evasion: tax avoision is a consequence of the web of tax rules that has undermined compliance [as modifier]: the higher the tax rate, the more popular the avoision schemesMore example sentences
- The term 'tax avoision' has come to be used to refer to those practices the speaker regards, not as dishonest evasion but, even so, as unacceptable tax avoidance.
- This other drug legalization movement is an example of what theorists call legal avoision.
- Such activity is closer to tax avoision, where avoidance shades into evasion, than are the government-sponsored schemes which are now to be arbitrarily chopped back.
More definitions of avoisionDefinition of avoision in:
- The British & World English dictionary