- 1Of or relating to the armpit: enlargement of the axillary lymph nodesMore example sentences
- Biopsy sites included cervical, mediastinal, supraclavicular, axillary, and inguinal lymph nodes, as well as masses of the cecum, stomach, colon, oropharynx, and eyelid.
- Bone marrow and axillary lymph node biopsies both contained mixed cellularity Hodgkin lymphoma.
- There were ipsilateral matted axillary lymph nodes, and the overlying skin showed peau d' orange.
- 1.1 Botany In or growing from an axil: axillary shoots Often contrasted with terminal.More example sentences
- Three main aspects of vegetative development were investigated: the quantity of primary growth; the number and nature of developing axillary shoots; and meristem death.
- These branches grow out from orthotropic epicormic buds that apparently originate from the axillary meristems in the main stem.
- In contrast, buds in axillary positions on 1-year-old long shoots differentiated less often into a floral bud.
More definitions of axillaryDefinition of axillary in:
- The British & World English dictionary