noun (plural axmen)
- 1A person who works with an ax: he was like an axman at work in a tangled thicketMore example sentences
- It's that scene in The Shining when Shelley Duvall stumbles across Jack Nicholson's literary labours, just before he turns into the mad axeman.
- So there's the famous case of the mad axeman who breaks into your house and is threatening you and is asking where your children are hiding, do you tell the truth?
- I admire his bravery - I'd be worried about a mad axeman husband turning up on my door if I got up to all that.
- 2 • informal A rock or jazz guitarist.More example sentences
- Andy's performance was especially impressive, as the diminutive axeman shifted from chunky rockers to white-soul wah-wahs with effortless dexterity.
- Ever wondered what happened to the arch axeman of the defunct Ultrasound?
- He opens with a gorgeous study for prepared guitar, but the bulk of the record is given over to duets with fellow axemen.
More definitions of axmanDefinition of axman in:
- The British & World English dictionary