Definition of axoplasm in English:
The cytoplasm of a nerve axon.
- The brightness and density of mito-GFP labeling within presynaptic boutons provides a rough estimate for mitochondrial concentration in the presynaptic axoplasm.
- Furthermore, both the rates and mode of saltatory transport of organelles in giant lamellipodia resemble myosin-driven transport along actin in extruded squid axoplasm.
- Here we provide evidence of a new type of organelle movement in squid axoplasm which is independent of both microtubules and microtubule-based motors.
- Example sentences
- Previous studies have shown that assessments of dye exclusion can depend upon the electrical charge of the dye and other factors (e.g., axoplasmic outflow at the injury site).
- For example, elevation of the axoplasmic concentration of Caz + is necessary for the initiation of vesiculation, leading to axonal repair, and the degradation of axonal proteins, leading to axonal degeneration.
- The enzymes are produced in the nerve cell bodies and pass down the axon to the nerve terminals in the so-called axoplasmic flow (they can travel a considerable distance - for example, from the spinal cord to the foot muscles).
Definition of axoplasm in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan