Definition of azarole in English:
A small tree related to the hawthorn, cultivated in southern Europe for its small yellow or reddish fruit.
- Crataegus azarolus, family Rosaceae
- The name ‘Naples medlar’ has been used for the azarole.
- The azarole has long been cultivated for its edible fruit in S. Europe.
- The species with the best fruit is the azarole, C. azarolus (sometimes called Naples medlar but no relation to the ordinary medlar).
Definition of azarole in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan