Definition of azarole in English:
A small tree related to the hawthorn, cultivated in southern Europe for its small yellow or reddish fruit.
- Crataegus azarolus, family Rosaceae
- The name ‘Naples medlar’ has been used for the azarole.
- The azarole has long been cultivated for its edible fruit in S. Europe.
- The species with the best fruit is the azarole, C. azarolus (sometimes called Naples medlar but no relation to the ordinary medlar).
Definition of azarole in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.