Definition of azobenzene in English:
A synthetic crystalline organic compound used chiefly in dye manufacture.
- Chemical formula: (C6H5)N=N(C6H5)
- Similar picosecond time constants and spectral signatures have been observed for the cooling of a number of dye molecules including azobenzene.
- Ampb peptides are a new class of molecules where the photoisomerizable dye azobenzene is linked to the peptide moiety via a flexible methylene spacer.
- The majority of quantitative reports have involved azobenzene, styryl or thioindigo structures, which undergo a cis-trans isomerization when photolyzed.
Definition of azobenzene in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.