Absence of motile (and hence viable) sperm in the semen.
More example sentences
- Where the initial semen analysis reveals azoospermia a centrifuged sample should be examined for sperm in the pellet.
- The resultant obstructive azoospermia can be treated quite successfully with a combination of sperm aspiration and ICSI.
- The cause of male infertility according to the medical model of infertility is due to abnormal sperm parameters, azoospermia and antisperm antibodies.
- More example sentences
- The type of chromosomal aberrations detected in the azoospermic and oligozoospermic men are given in Table I.
- Constitutional chromosome abnormalities were identified in 14.3 per cent of azoospermic and 6.5 per cent of oligozoospermic men, with an overall rate of 10.2 per cent.
- To determine if ejaculatory duct obstruction exists, transrectal ultrasonography is indicated in patients who are azoospermic with palpable vasa and low ejaculate volumes.
Definition of azoospermia in:
- The British & World English dictionary