- Rawhide, typically formed into strips, as used by North American Indians for making fastenings, animal snares, snowshoes, etc..More example sentences
- The Koosees' teachings - on everything from selecting the right birch or tamarack tree for the snowshoe frame to weaving the moose hide ‘babiche’ used for the webbing - will be used by the cultural center to produce an instructional book.
- There are solid wooden shoes that were used in emergencies when no babiche was available for webbing, but the historical record and oral tradition agree that these were a second class alternative.
- His chest was massive, and over it the muscles rolled like babiche cord when he moved.
early 19th century: from Canadian French, from Micmac a:papi:č.
More definitions of babicheDefinition of babiche in:
- The British & World English dictionary