- A heelless slipper, typically in oriental style.More example sentences
- There are displays of grinders for argan oil, pots, daggers and ceremonial babouches or slippers.
- It is decked out in camel-boned ice buckets, babouche slippers, sequin-edged curtains and artworks by Bridget Riley.
- For small items - babouche shoes, bronze, leatherware, bowls or small items of marquetry for instance - it is fine to set out on you own.
late 17th century: from French, from Arabic bābūj, Persian pāpūš, literally 'foot covering'.
More definitions of baboucheDefinition of babouche in:
- The British & World English dictionary