- (In a graphical user interface) an icon, typically displaying an arrow pointing to the left, that may be selected in order to to return to the previous page or screen: use the back button on your browser to return to this pageMore example sentences
- More impressive are the large screen, simple menu system and sensibly-positioned controls, including a handy Back button for skipping between options.
- Hitting your back button to retreat from the problem will usually just cause more windows to appear.
- If a visitor has to click or scroll to figure out what your site is about, the only thing they'll click is the back button.
More definitions of back buttonDefinition of back button in:
- The British & World English dictionary