- 1(In tennis, basketball, and similar games) the part of each side of the court nearest the back wall or back boundary line.More example sentences
- She clinched the set when her opponent hit long from the backcourt.
- He corrected the way I was running, the way I was picking up the ball, and the way I was throwing it to the other ball boy in the backcourt.
- Still, another scorer in the backcourt wouldn't hurt.
- 1.1The defensive players in a basketball team.More example sentences
- The two players combined to form, to me, the best backcourt in the game at the time.
- They finished the half without any assists from their backcourt.
- He'll be backed by one of the nation's finest backcourts.
More definitions of backcourtDefinition of backcourt in:
- The British & World English dictionary