- Music intended as an unobtrusive accompaniment to some activity, such as dining in a restaurant, or to provide atmosphere in a movie.More example sentences
- Though he has won an award in the first film in which he scored music as well as background music, it had been a patient wait for him.
- He seems to treat the game as background music, mere accompaniment for his solo.
- There was no background music and film songs were strictly barred.
More definitions of background musicDefinition of background music in:
- The British & World English dictionary