Illumination from behind.
- If you are using a lighting kit, add a bit of extra backlight for that moonlight effect.
- So I shot them all in backlight and each close-up in backlight and the studio came back and said, ‘We have to do this one over again.’
- Powering on the unit by pressing the Play / Pause button lights up the main display with a cool blue backlight.
verb (past backlit; past participle backlit or backlighted)[with object]
Illuminate from behind: she was backlit by the morning sun (as adjective backlit) a backlit LCD screen
More example sentences
- On the other hand, brightly colored variegated ribbon grass planted behind catmint backlights the catmint and makes its flowers recede.
- Some in the creative family would have you think Los Angeles writers are not serious because we craft in the shadow of a neon sign that backlights caricatures for the world to see.
- They climb high on the rugged hillside to outrun the creeping light of the waxing moon, which backlights a skyline of shark-tooth peaks.
- Example sentences
- An emailer suggests that the difference between the two pictures is a fluke of backlighting and the camera's automatic light meter.
- Instead of ordinary fluorescent backlighting, the developer team employed white LED-based backlighting.
- By the way, the motor driven door, the LCD display and the luminescent backlighting keep working even when the system is off.
Definition of backlight in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.