Definition of backstabbing in English:
The action or practice of criticizing someone in a treacherous manner while feigning friendship.
- True, we are expected to moonwalk across the vast waters dividing technology from the masses and tiptoe back on egocentric eggshells, circumventing treacherous misunderstandings and political back-stabbing.
- Yet amid the betrayal and back-stabbing, the cruelty and crime, the play ultimately has a happy, almost spiritual, finale, shaking the audience out of its 21st century complacency to ask: has anything really changed?
- After the lying and back-stabbing that took place this week, relations between the housemates have degenerated into drunken abuse and name-calling.
adjectiveBack to top
(Of a person) behaving in a backstabbing way.
- It won't help you achieve a spurious state of spiritual well-being, or help flush toxins out of your system - but it will help you to understand what your boss, your back-stabbing colleague or that girl at the water cooler really think of you.
- He asked me how I put up with being with all those back-stabbing girls in the company who just wanted the spotlight, and I asked him how he put up with all the public school idiots and the violence.
- There was still a belief amongst many people that the army had not lost the war but had been let down by back-stabbing politicians.
- Example sentences
- Since the AI hear things and see things, we can try to trick them, for example: throwing a rock will emit some sound that distracts them in order to backstab them silently, or also to attract them into a branch whip.
- One of those bandits was to backstab me, and you stopped him so I could get rid of him.
- But before he could do that, he had to backstab me.
- Example sentences
- But now, you're a betrayer, and a back-stabber at that.
- When they sang about back-stabbers, they weren't just complaining about haters - they were indicting them.
- But rather than the racial and gender melting pot that he expected, he encountered a world of gangsters, thieves and back-stabbers.
Definition of backstabbing in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia