The action or practice of criticizing someone in a treacherous manner while feigning friendship.
- True, we are expected to moonwalk across the vast waters dividing technology from the masses and tiptoe back on egocentric eggshells, circumventing treacherous misunderstandings and political back-stabbing.
- Yet amid the betrayal and back-stabbing, the cruelty and crime, the play ultimately has a happy, almost spiritual, finale, shaking the audience out of its 21st century complacency to ask: has anything really changed?
- After the lying and back-stabbing that took place this week, relations between the housemates have degenerated into drunken abuse and name-calling.
(Of a person) behaving in a backstabbing way.
- It won't help you achieve a spurious state of spiritual well-being, or help flush toxins out of your system - but it will help you to understand what your boss, your back-stabbing colleague or that girl at the water cooler really think of you.
- He asked me how I put up with being with all those back-stabbing girls in the company who just wanted the spotlight, and I asked him how he put up with all the public school idiots and the violence.
- There was still a belief amongst many people that the army had not lost the war but had been let down by back-stabbing politicians.
- Example sentences
- Since the AI hear things and see things, we can try to trick them, for example: throwing a rock will emit some sound that distracts them in order to backstab them silently, or also to attract them into a branch whip.
- One of those bandits was to backstab me, and you stopped him so I could get rid of him.
- But before he could do that, he had to backstab me.
- Example sentences
- But now, you're a betrayer, and a back-stabber at that.
- When they sang about back-stabbers, they weren't just complaining about haters - they were indicting them.
- But rather than the racial and gender melting pot that he expected, he encountered a world of gangsters, thieves and back-stabbers.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of backstabbing in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.