- Swept, slanted, or sloped backward: his backswept hairMore example sentences
- The large eye-catching flowers 1 to 4 inches across are usually red and yellow and have six backswept, often crinkled, petals and protruding stamens.
- It had fangs sticking out of its upper and lower jaw, which was common enough, but no wings straddling the row of spikes that also ran, backswept, over its back.
- The ships were the kind of swift feluccas preferred by the desert warlords, with odd-looking lateen sails and long, backswept oars pointing downwards into the water.
More definitions of backsweptDefinition of backswept in:
- The British & World English dictionary