- A light at the rear of a vehicle that comes on when the vehicle is in reverse gear.More example sentences
- The stacked taillamps are vertical in orientation; there is a clear acrylic and polycarbonate lens covering three individual lamps: the top is a clear backup light; the middle is an amber turn signal; the bottom is the red stop lamp.
- The white backup light will likely remain separate to keep cost and complexity in check.
- It was extremely dark and if it wasn't for the little light coming from the backup light it would be unbearable to see anything.
More definitions of backup lightDefinition of backup light in:
- The British & World English dictionary