Definition of bacteriological in English:
1Of or relating to bacteriology or bacteria.
- This type of test is more expensive than the bacteriological analysis, but it is still not very costly.
- A nasopharyngeal swab was taken for bacteriological analysis and a 10 day course of antibiotics prescribed.
- Regular surveillance of the rehabilitation colonies for occurrence of cholera cases and bacteriological testing of drinking water supplies may prevent occurrence of such outbreaks.
1.1Relating to or denoting germ warfare.
- But once the real inspectors get in there, whom I would say might be the 82nd Airborne, the 101st Airborne, the Second Marines, they will show people the chemical and bacteriological weapons.
- But if the enemy possesses chemical, radiological, bacteriological, or nuclear weapons, they need succeed only once.
- In July a team of scientists announced they had become the first laboratory in the world to manufacture a licensed vaccine against the bacteriological weapon Anthrax.
- Example sentences
- Apical thickening must also be distinguished from mesothelioma and tuberculosis, which may be suggested by history and bacteriologic findings.
- Laboratory tests include microscopic examination of a peripheral blood smear, appropriate cultures and specific chemical, bacteriologic and viral studies, and serologic testing for collagen vascular disease.
- The bacteriologic strategy has been used to guide decisions about whether to start antibiotic therapy, which pathogens are responsible for infection, which antimicrobial agents to use, and whether to continue therapy.
- Example sentences
- What I experienced is that water in Category C is also bacteriologically contaminated similar to water in category D.
- More children referred from study practices than from control practices had bacteriologically proved urinary tract infections.
- Healthcare-associated infections are bacteriologically similar to hospital-acquired infections.
Definition of bacteriological in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.