Impossible to understand; perplexing: the crime is a baffling mystery for the police
More example sentences
- Why he would go to such extraordinary lengths is baffling.
- Talking to someone who doesn't give you her full attention is rather baffling.
- How a state could enforce such mind-bogglingly stupid policies is baffling.
- [as submodifier]: his team selection has been bafflingly erraticMore example sentences
- Some of the tunes are bafflingly uncategorisable.
- The identity and motive of Alexander's would-be killer prove predictable and irrelevant, while the vague supernatural undertones of the flashbacks are bafflingly silly, introduced abruptly and forgotten just as quickly.
- This is where science & technology take over - except, curiously enough, researchers are yet to fully grasp the physics of swing bowling, just as they have failed, equally bafflingly, to find a cure for common cold.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.