Definition of baffling in English:
Impossible to understand; perplexing: the crime is a baffling mystery for the police
More example sentences
- There is a baffling array of ISA funds out there, offered by a vast number of investment companies.
- His management style, his beliefs, are a baffling blend that defies categorization.
- All I did was introduce myself, and she paid me what seemed at first like a baffling compliment.
- [as submodifier]: his team selection has been bafflingly erraticMore example sentences
- Some of the tunes are bafflingly uncategorisable.
- The identity and motive of Alexander's would-be killer prove predictable and irrelevant, while the vague supernatural undertones of the flashbacks are bafflingly silly, introduced abruptly and forgotten just as quickly.
- This is where science & technology take over - except, curiously enough, researchers are yet to fully grasp the physics of swing bowling, just as they have failed, equally bafflingly, to find a cure for common cold.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan