- An act of giving financial assistance to a failing business or economy to save it from collapse.More example sentences
- Now Trump may need a financial bailout or concessions from bond holders to save the company from bankruptcy.
- The spectre of bank collapse from foreign loans has been averted by bailouts and promises of bailout from the Federal Reserve, the nation's only manufacturer of dollars, which it can produce at will.
- The hidden costs of all the ‘Coins in the Fuse Box’ and financial sector bailouts now look poised to manifest in an uneven housing and consumer borrowing fiasco, with the Fed either incapable or unwilling to respond.
More definitions of bailoutDefinition of bailout in:
- The British & World English dictionary