- The action (generally illegal) of advertising goods that are an apparent bargain, with the intention of substituting inferior or more expensive goods: [as modifier]: a bait-and-switch schemeMore example sentences
- It may involve such tactics as billing for more hours than were worked and bait-and-switch staffing which means providing excellent staffers at first and then replacing them with less qualified personnel.
- Wallach and other leaders of worldwide popular dissent have been making the same argument about bait-and-switch diplomacy for a decade.
- This ploy was yet another example of the public being duped by a classic governmental bait-and-switch scheme.
More definitions of bait-and-switchDefinition of bait-and-switch in:
- The British & World English dictionary