Definition of balance beam in English:
1A narrow horizontal bar raised off the floor, on which a gymnast balances while performing exercises.
- However, Romania roared back after strong performances on the balance beam and floor exercise.
- Circe and Alex both stood up and began walking down the branch gymnasts on the balance beam.
- Richardson's best performance was a 9.500 effort on the balance beam on day two.
1.1 [in singular] The set of exercises performed on a balance beam.
- She also placed first in the all-around and on vault, second on balance beam and floor exercise, and fourth on uneven bars.
- Competing in all four event finals, Harmes placed first on vault, balance beam and floor exercise.
- Raducan earned the top individual scores on balance beam and floor exercise.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan