1A narrow horizontal bar raised off the floor, on which a gymnast balances while performing exercises.
- However, Romania roared back after strong performances on the balance beam and floor exercise.
- Circe and Alex both stood up and began walking down the branch gymnasts on the balance beam.
- Richardson's best performance was a 9.500 effort on the balance beam on day two.
1.1 [in singular] The set of exercises performed on a balance beam.
- She also placed first in the all-around and on vault, second on balance beam and floor exercise, and fourth on uneven bars.
- Competing in all four event finals, Harmes placed first on vault, balance beam and floor exercise.
- Raducan earned the top individual scores on balance beam and floor exercise.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: bal·ance beam
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.