Definition of bald eagle in English:
A white-headed North American eagle that includes fish among its prey. Now most common in Alaska, it is the national emblem of the US.
- Haliaetus leucocephalus, family Accipitridae
- Some of the most common birds of prey here, the bald eagle, peregrine falcon, and osprey, are fish-eaters, though the hawk owl is not.
- The presence of bald eagles likely prevented golden eagles from establishing themselves.
- The area is home to a variety of other birds, including nesting bald eagles, hawks, owls, bluebirds and several other songbirds, wild turkeys, herons, and waterfowl.
Definition of bald eagle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan