- A white-headed North American eagle that includes fish among its prey. Now most common in Alaska, it is the national emblem of the US.
More example sentences
- Haliaetus leucocephalus, family Accipitridae
- Some of the most common birds of prey here, the bald eagle, peregrine falcon, and osprey, are fish-eaters, though the hawk owl is not.
- The presence of bald eagles likely prevented golden eagles from establishing themselves.
- The area is home to a variety of other birds, including nesting bald eagles, hawks, owls, bluebirds and several other songbirds, wild turkeys, herons, and waterfowl.
More definitions of bald eagleDefinition of bald eagle in:
- The British & World English dictionary