Definition of balladry in English:
- Seiffert's free verse is not as good as her debonair balladry, nor are the poems of Elijah Hay equal to those of Emanuel Morgan or Anne Knish.
- While the arrangements on Love often begin promisingly, they eventually succumb to goopy balladry, attempted anthems and guitar climaxes that go nowhere.
- By placing her audience within a context of music and rhetoric, balladry and legend, Kelly symbolically inserted them in the larger construction of nationalism promoted elsewhere by the media.
1.1The art of writing or performing ballads.
- Thrills rein in their ‘Digsy's Dinner’ worship, to indulge their other love; forgettable mid-paced balladry.
- The band discovered the advantages of rock balladry and pensive lyrics.
- One-time Grammy gal returns from the pop dead end of 2001's Love, Shelby with a back-to-basics approach to country balladry.
Definition of balladry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia