Definition of balladry in English:
- Seiffert's free verse is not as good as her debonair balladry, nor are the poems of Elijah Hay equal to those of Emanuel Morgan or Anne Knish.
- While the arrangements on Love often begin promisingly, they eventually succumb to goopy balladry, attempted anthems and guitar climaxes that go nowhere.
- By placing her audience within a context of music and rhetoric, balladry and legend, Kelly symbolically inserted them in the larger construction of nationalism promoted elsewhere by the media.
1.1The art of writing or performing ballads.
- Thrills rein in their ‘Digsy's Dinner’ worship, to indulge their other love; forgettable mid-paced balladry.
- The band discovered the advantages of rock balladry and pensive lyrics.
- One-time Grammy gal returns from the pop dead end of 2001's Love, Shelby with a back-to-basics approach to country balladry.
Definition of balladry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.