- A valve that automatically fills a tank after liquid has been drawn from it. Used, for example, in a flush toilet, a ballcock has a float on the end of a pivoting arm that opens the valve when the arm drops.More example sentences
- I can't even remember if the problem to do with the header tank and the problem to do with the ballcock stop valve were connected, physically or metaphorically.
- Two other reasons for flushing problems could be that the flush valve or the ballcock need to be replaced.
- From these, the water was piped to a ballcock regulated cistern, and from there to a small pond constructed of cement and limestone rocks to blend in with the surroundings.
More definitions of ballcockDefinition of ballcock in:
- The British & World English dictionary