Definition of balloon tire in English:
A large tire containing air at low pressure.
- Small balloon tires were wrapped in aluminum spats and the tires were the sole shock absorbers.
- Extrapolating the ‘wider and softer is better ‘logic, we should be seeing Lance in the Tour riding balloon tires pumped up to 20 psi.
- It meant General Assignment Slot, but I always thought of a Gas Lot, some black-and-white corner station from a 20s Disney cartoon with vacuum pumps and Model Ts with patched balloon tires.
- balloon-tired adjective
- Example sentences
- The balloon-tired vehicles sometimes come within 130 feet of the bears and stay near them for as long as two hours.
- It's my latest pet, a Schwinn Model B10 - E Motorbike, the first balloon-tired bicycle sold in America.
- If you've never crossed the sand to the water's edge, the balloon-tired chairs can be a real adventure.
Definition of balloon tire in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.