Definition of balloon tire in English:
A large tire containing air at low pressure.
- Small balloon tires were wrapped in aluminum spats and the tires were the sole shock absorbers.
- Extrapolating the ‘wider and softer is better ‘logic, we should be seeing Lance in the Tour riding balloon tires pumped up to 20 psi.
- It meant General Assignment Slot, but I always thought of a Gas Lot, some black-and-white corner station from a 20s Disney cartoon with vacuum pumps and Model Ts with patched balloon tires.
- Example sentences
- The balloon-tired vehicles sometimes come within 130 feet of the bears and stay near them for as long as two hours.
- It's my latest pet, a Schwinn Model B10 - E Motorbike, the first balloon-tired bicycle sold in America.
- If you've never crossed the sand to the water's edge, the balloon-tired chairs can be a real adventure.
Definition of balloon tire in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan