Definition of ballooning in English:
The sport or pastime of flying in a balloon.
- Evans provides an admirable overview of early ballooning and of the first US and Confederate air forces.
- The only departure from this order occurs in an appendix on military ballooning during the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.
- North Carolina was a launching ground for real and imaginary ballooning adventures as early as 1789.
- Example sentences
- Lowe and his balloonists provided effective aerial reconnaissance during several major campaigns in 1862 and 1863.
- This latest adventure gives Fossett yet another aviation record, adding to the many he holds as a balloonist, pilot and sailor.
- Our balloonist Gaston fires the burner again, reheating the air to regain our lost altitude.
Definition of ballooning in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia