- 1A sealed box into which voters put completed ballots.More example sentences
- He demanded that the Central Election Commission seal all ballot boxes in the 13,000 polling booths around the island so that a recount could be done.
- Chan failed to mention that many of the past campaigns he was involved in were defeated by voters at the ballot box.
- The NPC's manifesto is being given to all candidates and we will publish their responses before older voters go to the ballot box.
- 1.1 (the ballot box) Democratic principles and methods: the proper remedy was the ballot box and not the courtMore example sentences
- To begrudge them the right to choose their own government via the ballot box is hypocritical in the extreme.
- The entire issue goes far and beyond the issue of democracy through the ballot box.
- For much of the nineties, big business spent enormous energy on promoting the idea that markets and not the ballot box were the true instrument of democracy.
More definitions of ballot boxDefinition of ballot box in:
- The British & World English dictionary